This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringItOn #NestleKitchen #CollectiveBias
It’s Easter season at Casa Pura Vida, and that means huevos sorpresa. Our girls love to watch the surprise egg videos on You Tube Kids year round- and I love that the videos provide strong Spanish language input through use of descriptive words. Since we speak only Spanish at home, I am always looking for fun, easy activities that we can do in Spanish- and making our own huevos sorpresas is perfect! My young daughters can participate in all parts of the project- from making the play dough to creating the fun egg faces and then opening the surprise egg.
Once we have our huevos sorpresas filled and covered, we spend hours narrating our own videos, estilo You Tube– which is a great way to practice our home language- Spanish! What I absolutely love about this project es que es súper fácil, and my kids love to create huevos sorpresa over and over. We used several types of candy from Nestlé in our project, including the SweeTARTS Chicks, Ducks, and Bunnies candies, the giant Nestlé Scrambled Egg, and the Nestlé Egg Filler 250 piece candy bag with SweeTARTS, Laffy Taffy and Nerds inside. I loved all the fun Spring shapes and flavors- especially the new lemons raspberry Laffy Taffy flavor. We also used the Scrambled Egg to make a giant huevo sorpresa, which the kids thought was the coolest thing ever. Here’s a look at what supplies we used for the project.
Huevos Sorpresa Supplies
- Homemade play doh (use this no bake recipe!)
- Plastic Easter eggs for filling
- Nestlé Candy for filling the eggs (I used SweeTARTS Chicks, Ducks, and Bunnies, Scrambled Egg, Springtime Fun Dip the Nerds Rope and the Nestlé Egg Filler 250 pieces)
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Prepare the play doh according to the recipe here– or use this handy video.
2. Fill your easter eggs with the candy of your choice. I loved the Nestlé Egg Fillers because there were lots of different options for filling each egg, and that means more sorpresas! The SweeTARTS hens, bunnies and chicks were also super fun to try because they are just like regular SweeTART flavors except in fun Easter shapes.
3. Roll out the play dough and cover the filled egg with the flattened play dough, making sure not to leave any holes. Smooth as necessary.
4. Now it’s time to decorate your huevo sorpresa. This step is optional, but definitely the most fun. I used googly eyes, and mis hijas estaban como locas con the Runts banana smile from the Nestlé Egg Scramble. I also used the Nerds Rope (Easter variety) for the smile on the yellow egg and I love how it turned out.
To make your own huevos sorpresas, you can pick up your supplies in the seasonal aisle at Walmart. Once you have made the huevos sorpresa, there are so many fun activities you can do with them. You can video record your kids opening and narrating, or you can just open the eggs for fun. These would also be a cute addition to your Easter basket for Easter morning. We can’t wait to see what ideas you come up with- please share your photos and videos using the hash tags #SpringItOn, #NestleKitchen- or pin your photos to the Nestlé Pinterest page!
And don’t forget dinner! On the days when we do involved projects like these, I don’t have the time or energy to make dinner from scratch, pero como toda familia latina, family meal times with high quality food are súper importantes en nuestra casa. That’s why Stouffer’s Macaroni and Cheese is the perfect solution for dinner- it’s made from scratch with real Cheddar cheese, a perfect vegetarian option for Lent, and everyone at Casa Pura Vida loves it. I love that Nestlé offers a wide variety of products for the whole family- because I can concentrate on spending time with my loved ones rather than meal planning. Make sure to check out other great recipes that incorporate Nestlé products.
For extra savings on Spring products from Nestlé, make sure to head to Ibotta and save money instantly on the products you love. Follow this link for combined savings of $5.25 on the supplies used in the huevos sorpresa project.