This super creamy and chocolatey crockpot hot chocolate recipe is so easy that you’ll make it for every winter party! Perfect for cold winter days, movie nights and class parties because everyone loves it!
Hot Chocolate In A Crockpot
For the class Christmas party, Big Sister wanted to take hot chocolate to the potluck, but someone had already claimed it. So she was adamant for the Valentine’s Party that we take hot cocoa for her classmates to enjoy. I wanted to create a hot chocolate recipe that was simple enough for a 5 year old to make, but creamy and delicious enough that there would be no mistake it was homemade.
Make Ahead Hot Chocolate
I also had to make the recipe ahead of time, since the party didn’t start until the afternoon and I wanted to drop off the crockpot in the morning during drop off. (Which reminds me- do you call it a crockpot or a slow cooker? I’m team crockpot for sure!) It worked out perfectly because this recipe is easy enough for her to make almost entirely on her own, and because the recipe makes enough for a crowd.
Delicious Hot Cocoa
This hot cocoa recipe is so perfectly sweet and velvety that the teachers were fighting over the leftovers, and I even snuck a Ball jar of hot chocolate out of the slow cooker before drop off just so I could drink some hot delicious goodness during nap time. Plus, this hot chocolate recipe is almost as easy as using hot cocoa packets, and about a thousand times more delicious. Just make and top with your favorite topping- do you prefer whipped cream or marshmallows? I definitely do both- with some chocolate shavings on top! (Overindulgent, I fully admit.) The best is adding a bit of peppermint schnapps for a fun adult beverage!
Other Great Holiday Party Recipes
How to Make Crockpot Hot Chocolate
Easy Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Recipe
This slow cooker hot chocolate recipe is velvety and smooth, and easy to make ahead for an indulgent winter treat that everyone will enjoy.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips you can use semi-sweet to make the hot chocolate a bit less sweet
- In your crockpot, combine whipping cream, milk, vanilla, and chocolate chips. Use at least a 5 quart crockpot/slow cooker. This recipe doubles nicely, but you will need a 6-7 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for two hours or high for one hour. Stir occasionally with a whisk, until the chocolate chips melt and the ingredients are liquified.
- Once the hot cocoa is heated and melted, you can place the crockpot to low until you are ready to serve, just make sure you stir it before serving.
- Ladle into individual mugs and garnish with marshmallows, whipped cream or shredded chocolate. Enjoy with friends!