This cute and easy DIY Wolf Halloween Shirt takes almost no time to make and doubles as a Halloween costume. Get ready for Howl-O-Ween with this adorable and punny Wolf Halloween shirt. Just add wolf ears!
Have you ever stood in street clothes on Halloween in the middle of a room full of costumed adults who are all having so much fun being “in character” and wondered what the heck is wrong with you?
If you have- you are my tribe. Welcome. Sit down- stay awhile. I’ll tell you why I don’t love to dress up, and how I got around being a Halloween “Debbie Downer” with an easy DIY Wolf Halloween Shirt for this year.
I will say that I really do love Halloween- I love the spirit behind dressing up, I love to create fun costumes and experiences for my daughters, and I love trick or treating.
But I don’t love dressing up. People who do family costumes- more power to you! I think it’s adorable- but I’m just not that mom. I love to dress up my kids, but I am happy to be in the background running logistics.
Last year though, I got tired of the question- “where’s your costume?” So this year, I decided to get in the spirit by creating a semi-ironic and super easy DIY Wolf Halloween Shirt “costume.”
This wolf shirt the best- it looks great with jeans or a long sleeve sweater underneath, it took me 15 minutes to make, it’s unique and a bit funny. (Come on- Howl-O-Ween?)
All I did was grab an orange Hanes Beefy T, some white Cricut iron on vinyl, some wolf ears, and the super easy .svg file for printing the shirt. Here’s what you’ll need (links are affiliate links):
Materials for the DIY Wolf Halloween Shirt
- A t shirt of your choice. I used orange- it’s Halloween after all! Black would also be super cute.
- Cricut Maker Machine
- Cricut Design Space Software
- Howl-O-Ween .svg design file (FREE)
- 12 x 12 standard grip cut mat
- Iron on Vinyl, white
- Easy Press – or you can just use an iron
- Weeding Tool
Instructions- How To Make DIY Wolf Halloween Shirt
- I always wash and dry the t shirt before I print and press a logo on it just in case the shirt shrinks post-production.
- While you are washing and drying, go ahead and download the Cricut Design Space software if you haven’t already.
- Find my fun Howl-O-Ween t shirt design in Design Space
- Make sure to adjust the design to the exact size that you want. The size in design space is the size I used for an adult t shirt.
- Put the iron on vinyl onto your mat, and load the machine. Remember to turn mirror ON, and print the number of copies that you want.
- After printing- weed! This took me no time at all. Lay the design onto the shirt and press. If you are using regular (non foil) iron on vinyl, you’ll want to peel right away.
And voila! Your very own Halloween costume. I wear it with jeans, or if it’s cold outside, I grab a long sleeved t shirt and put it underneath. And don’t forget the wolf ears! Owwww owwww! (Yep, that’s my wolf howl.)
Looking for more Halloween fun from Pura Vida Moms?
- DIY Coco Shirt
- How to Make the Most Adorable Minnie Mouse Costume in Under an Hour
- Great Wolf Lodge Howl-O-Ween
- Disneyland Halloween Time