It’s winter here in Colorado, and we live in a fairly old (read- cold) house. Our 21 month old is also huge- and it’s hard to keep her warm at night without layering a ton of clothing on her. I had looked high and low for wearable blankets for kids over 30 lbs, but she kept growing out of them. When info about the new Gunapod Wearable Blanket from Gunamuna crossed my inbox I was elated. We got to test the Gunapod Luxury Duvet wearable blanket (Retail value $49.99) with my daughter and we loved it- and we are giving one away to our readers so that you can enjoy it as much as we did! (Please note that I received a free sample of the Gunapod Luxury Duvet Wearable Blanket in exchange for this review, but all opinions are my own.)
Why We Love the Gunamuna Luxury Duvet
Our 21 month old is a big girl- she weighs over 30 lbs and is tall. When people see her, they think she is 2.5. But- she has the maturity of a not-quite-two year old. Which means that when we tried to put blankets in her room at night for her to use to cover up- she just kicked them off and woke up cold. I looked everywhere for a big wearable blanket for her, but came up with nothing. I was SO excited to find the Gunapod because it comes in big sizes and is super cute. But it also… wait for it… WORKS! Here’s why we love it.
- It’s warm. I was struggling to keep baby warm. Since she started wearing the Gunapod, her naps last three hours instead of two, and she has been sleeping an hour later in the morning. She’s happier, I’m happier, the rest of the family is happier. I will be buying more just based on that alone.
- It’s easy to put on and keep on. I love the WONDERZiP technology that has a zipper around the bottom for ventilation- which also means that I can open the vents a bit on warmer nights (and diaper changes mid-night would be a breeze in this thing!) The zipper goes bottom to top as well, so I no longer have to try to fiddle with a zipper and a squirming toddler. (Side note- Little Sister now loves to unzip the Gunapod when she wakes up in the morning. It’s adorable, and perfectly age appropriate, but I did want to mention it.)
- It’s easy to clean. The Gunapod is made of bamboo- which is anti-microbial. It’s also easy to wash and dry in the washer, so I just throw it in with the bed sheets and go.
Where To Shop
Enter the Giveaway
Want to win your own Luxury Duvet from Gunamuna? Enter the giveaway below- don’t worry, we won’t share your information! The winner will be able to choose the style and size for their baby. (US shipping only.)
Looking for more great product reviews from Pura Vida Moms?
- Book Review; 100 Fun and Easy Learning Games For Kids
- Hi Little One Personalized Childrens Apparel